1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Bug Report Hackfin mission not updating kills

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by Iceflame, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Iceflame
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Iceflame Member
    Mellow

Society:
    The Smuggler's Guild
    I just tried it again, for the first time since the water was "cleared", ( Thanks Guys, it helps a LOT), I killed five by the time I noticed, it did not show the kills... still 0/20.

2. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

I'm guessing you need to do those at a specific location (don't know, completed it in the previous map), did you try killing some at another spawning place?

3. Iceflame
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Iceflame Member
    Mellow

Society:
    The Smuggler's Guild
    Yes, actually. I tried several areas around where you are sent. I am aware of areas that are "undefined" to the player, ( which I think would be nice to indicate, in some way ). A good example is the Mutant Dire Weed one.. there is nothing to show the "zone" you need to be in, but, if you move out of it, your kills are not incremented. I commonly use a long range rifle, and, if I "lure" one out of the zone, it does not count... so, I keep track of where I am.

4. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

ah well was worth a try :(

5. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Iceflame, that still happens on the Drill Bot mission as well in the mountain area. You see the 'start culling' message but can easily walk out of the zone and the kill does not count. Now that I am a bit 'bigger' and survive a bit longer in there it's not 'such' a big deal but back when I was literally a shot or two from dying each one, it got very aggravating. They said they were going to open up the zones on those missions. I see that one of them they did a bit but the zones still need a bit of tweaking IMO.

sluggo

6. Iceflame
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Iceflame Member
    Mellow

Society:
    The Smuggler's Guild
    Yeah.. I have done a few like that.. mosly, I keep in mind where the "edges" to the zone are, and try to stay in there. At least, it doesn't the reset counter to zero, if you move outside of the zone. I have seen games that do do that and, it sucks.

7. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    the one drill bot mission where you have to kill 5 of them DOES reset if you die during it, unless they changed it during the VU. That one moving out of the zone will freeze it, I can't remember if you get some kind of 'visual' that you are out though. It lets you know when you are back IN the zone with the 'kill it!!' note again but does not let you know when you left area. If they would open up the zones a bit more I think this would all but solve this problem. It's not like you can walk a drill bot too far with those nasty little anklebiters right next to them.. grrrr

sluggo

8. Falagor
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Falagor Member
    Inspired

I think i found solution for your problem. I had similar problem to you (noticed i got 1/20 and then it stoped). And after experimenting i came to one conclusion:

For the Hackflins to count for te mission you need to be very close to the surface of the water for the kill to count.

So just tag them if they are deeper and swim up and kill them there.
    I managed to finish the mission like that just east of the npc that gives this small mission.

It seems like obvious bug that the area where the kill counts is not 2D but 3D and not including depth under certain level.

Regards,
    (discovering all the fun of Cyrene - ) Falagor

9. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey guys,

I'm going to follow up on this for sure, but it's a great work around for the time being =)

Cheers,
    Kris

10. Iceflame
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Iceflame Member
    Mellow

Society:
    The Smuggler's Guild
    ACHH!.. how to feel stupid in one move. I noticed that before. and, yes, it is true.. you need to be close to the surface. I totally forgot. :oops: . THANK you for reminding me. :thumbup:.

11. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Ice don't feel bad, with all the different tasks and 'tweaks' one has to do on many of them to get them to work right, its easy to forget a tidbit here or there on something. I keep forgetting to put my armor back on after the hub and usually 'notice' it after the first smack on a big mob and being shown the revive terminal :D

sluggo

12. Falagor
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Falagor Member
    Inspired

Ya - the bigest problem is implant :). When the big mob is running at you and you try to switch to arso ;).

But i guess bigger panic would be if going into pvp lootable after visiting HUB and noticing you cant use your tp chip when someone is nearby... must be horror.

After giving some thought - why clothes and the implant is unequiped there anyway? Not that you can make use of them inside (mayby except lifesteal or +hp cloak) but the implant can't be used in ANY way as long as the chips will be greyed out. Mayby fix for that so it des not get unequiped?

Falagor

San likes this.