1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Epic mission chains

Discussion in 'Missions' started by George Skywalker, Dec 26, 2013.

1. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

George Skywalker Active Member
    No Mood

These epic mission chains I thought would be directly related to the storyline of Cyrene and it's development. If that's true to me they are the best part of Cyrene. Storyline isn't so good on some of the other planets so this is definitely something I'm looking forward to...

However, I've been putting off doing these epic mission chains because I'm unsure of their consequences:

* When planet is in hard launch consequences of doing missions may be different from now.
    * Will doing one chain affect which one you can do in future. In an interview dev stated to change sides would be possible but could be very difficult. So blindly doing one now seems a bit reckless to me...
    * If we do all the chains now wouldn't it put newer players at a disadvantage on day one?
    * Also just general uncertainty about whats what in Cyrene lore. I've read ms9's back stories and dev interviews etc but yes I'm still uncertain :) I guess there are just too many unanswered questions for me. Why this side is doing that etc their motives etc...

Anyway how do you feel about starting these epic chains early?

non likes this.
  2. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    as far as i know, those chains we already have will not make us set on any side of factions yet. i made most of it, or i know those who made them, and those chains seems to be some sort of intro only.

the question about a disadvantage that new players would have starting just at hard launch... yes, they will have a huge one, mostly becouse they didnt start playing 10 years ago :p

being serious, those chains can be done separately, and dont provide any consequences further in the storyline. I think that chains introduced later, after hard launch, can be different tho.

non likes this.