1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Bug Report Destroy the Robot Menace

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by sluggo, Aug 19, 2014.

1. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    When attempting this mission.

A: he gives you mission to scout the area.
    B: you goto area and it updates to kill 5 of them.

IF you happen to die during the mission, it auto aborts and you are teleported back to the revival area.

Now IF you reclaim the mission from the guy, it appears fine, you go back out the gate and the 'scout the area' updates, but when you kill your first new robot in the 'redo' it does not count. The 'scout the area' recycles and updates and you get another 'kill 5 robots' and if you kill another it does not count.

To get this mission to work correctly, you have to reget it, then manually abort it, then reget it again, THEN it will work correctly.

It appears that after a death abortion, you have to have it re activated and manually abort it to get it to reset all the counters? or place markers correctly for the mission to work again. Just re getting it w/o a manual abort is asking for problems it appears.

sluggo

2. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey sluggo,

I'll take a look into this mission and see what could have happened.

Thanks for the bug report!

Cheers,
    Kris

3. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

Hmm doesn't happen to me like that.
    If you die you fail the mission and it is aborted. Then you just go to the mission giver again and start the mission from fresh.

4. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Thats the thing harmony, it really acted up. I had some lag going on so perhaps that did it.

I died, it aborted, I regot it, instead of having to go out into the field to trigger the 'go kill them now' part, it happened right at the gate. As soon as I killed and looted my first one, I noticed the kill counter did not go up, then about 30 seconds later the 'go kill them now' part re did itself, so I thought ok, that must have been it, killed another, it didn't work. I aborted and regot mission and it worked normal the second time.

Maybe it was a glitch, I don't know which is why I brought it up in case there is a problem.

sluggo