1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Cyrene Missions

Discussion in 'Missions' started by CyreneForum, May 2, 2012.

1. K_rupT
    • Cyrene Pioneer

K_rupT Member
    Happy

Society:
    Freelancer
    Not sure if anyone has posted , but 1000 Dire Weeds you are rewarded with 100 click ( 1 Ped ) Dragonfly v1 (1) Blueprint (L)

5000 dire Weeds , rewarded Imperium Tokens , not sure how many though

Master Chief likes this.
  2. K_rupT
    • Cyrene Pioneer

K_rupT Member
    Happy

Society:
    Freelancer
    Ultimate N00b Challenge , the mobs you are looking for if you are curious are around Coords 129788,84186 , Enjoy :)

Master Chief likes this.
  3. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

rank 3 the miners psyche (1000 kills)- 10 psyche tokens

Attached Files:

4. Fifth
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Fifth Member

Society:
    Like a Boss
    Epic Missions aka Fifth's Adventures on Cyrene

First of all, the concept of Epic Missions is a fantastic idea... and it's so simple, like everything ingenious.

Additionally, if there's missions that can give items as a reward, that's a whole new level, that's a revolution.

Quick glance to the neighbours: Arkadia has implemented a small one-step mission with an (account-bound) item as a reward... and that's all. While Cyrene has made whooping 20 steps at once (well ok, let's say 12 steps for now). Not hard to figure out where this idea originated... ;)

So, there i go, through Zeladoth and Merfolken missions of the Zik Epic Mission (only ones currently available), and then all the way from Imperiums, up to Zyn'kimbro, until i finally reach the "Spawn the Gladiator" (Merfolken) mission.

And then i'm lost.

The idea of giving players missions is to provide a defined goal, if we leave the rewards aside, basicly you can compile your own skilling plan and go through it without any missions (that's how it in fact worked for years).

In that sense the Merfolken sub-mission is an anti-mission. In the initial dialogue the High Shaman tells you should kill a certain amount of merfolken in order to see if this makes The Gladiator appear. U should kill about 10 thousand, he says, making it sound like he's not sure about the exact amount. All fair, i can already see where this is heading... ;)
    And indeed, once u get the actual mission, it doesn't mention anywhere how many mobs you actually have to kill. It only says "Go to the spawning grounds. Kill merfolken. Make the Gladiator appear". There's no mob counter and not a word about maturities.

It's clear all this uncertainty is intentional, a mission that appears to be a non-mission, or "anti-mission". All fair. Intriguing even.

There's a location marker pointing me to the mission area. So i arrive to the spawn... and all i see is 3 tiny L2-L3 merfolken babies on my radar. Armed with the gun i looted from previous mission, i kill them in seconds, and then i run. Then i run some more. Then i find another 2 merfolken babies. Run. 1 more on the edge of radar, one-shot death. Is it worth running to it to loot? Or not?

What if i wasn't here alone? Imagine 2 or 3 hunters in this spawn. Will it increase the spawn density accordingly? Even if it will we would soon start picking mobs under each others nose, intentionally and unintentionally...

As the smallest maturities will count, probably other merfolken spawns with bigger maturities also count for this mission. So i head to the Merfolken Gladiators spawn.
    The mission updates itself. Now it shows i haven't fulfilled the 1st mission requirement. It point out that i should 1st enter the spawn area "Marfolken spawning grounds", and only then try to "Spawn the Gladiator".

Wha..?

Ok, let's improvise. What if i ignore the mission requirements? Suppose i could go and kill 10 thousand merfolken gladiators instead, then return to the spawning grounds and maybe then this mysterious Gladiator will appear?

But... here's another problem. How will i know when i have killed 10 thousand, there's no counter. Draw lines on paper after each shot like this: IIII IIII .... etc?
    Well ok, i could jump into the spawning grounds from time to time to test if the Gladiator will appear already. Wait... but how long should i wait there before it spawns? Or rather, how can i be certain when it doesn't spawn that i did everything right?

There's yet another possibility. Maybe i could take the Merfolken mission from another Epic mission chain and use the counter from that mission? Maybe each Merfolken kill would count for both missions at once? Regretfully, can't test that, already finished that another mission.

Sorry for the big ugly wall of text. Won't do it again, it's a promise! :)

5. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    this stage is a pain in the bottom, and as far as i know its supposed to be like this.
    to help u count the number of kills, check how many u do every run, in example 200ped ammo, and then count runs u got to do... also there is a mission for 3k merfolken that u can do along, and new stage of few more k to kill, so it will help u. i didnt have it at that time i was doing it :(
    yeah, only kills at that area counts.
    btw - cuz of bigwalltext i didnt read it carefuly so if i missed something, bump me up :)

6. Karmic
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Karmic Member
    Mischievious

What if you spawn the gladiator and someone else kills it? Or you crash, etc?

7. Torschen
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Torschen New Member

poet
    Society:
    Fintropia Elite
    Tanhok Ambassador (137542,86986) has only missions starting from Stage 4: Right Outta the Sky...all the way to Stage 10.

But how can I get Stage 1, which is, I suppose, about killing zeladoths? Or am I missing something ?

8. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    this chain is temporarily disabled due to some bugs in scoring system, should be working again after minipatch

Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  9. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Exactly this.

Cheers,
    Kris

10. Torschen
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Torschen New Member

poet
    Society:
    Fintropia Elite
    Ok, thank you. :confused: Waiting then.

11. Torschen
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Torschen New Member

poet
    Society:
    Fintropia Elite
  12. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

52 psyche tokens form 5k drill bot
    s PRINT SCREEN 2013-12-28 17-16-10.jpg

Thanatos likes this.
  13. RedBlack
    • Cyrene Pioneer

RedBlack New Member

Can anyone explain the A.R.C Initiate armor mission chain?

14. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
  15. Major
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Major New Member

Society:
    СССР
    Where can I end A.R.C. Challenge Kill 500 Swamp Lurkers mission .I performed it but the mission vendor is not in place.