1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Cyrene in Oceanic

Discussion in 'Maps and Locations' started by endy, May 2, 2012.

1. endy
    • Cyrene Pioneer

endy New Member

New planet Cyrene has been added to Oceanic, including the map with all currently available TPs, Revivals and revival zones.

Space map has been updated to include Cyrene. Locations for new FOMA/CP/Caly space stations haven't been updated yet.

If you have any questions or other requests please contact us via the email posted on the oceanic web site: Oceanic web site or visit our Oceanic subforum.

MindStar 9 likes this.
  2. Wistrel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf
    Breezy

Wanderer
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Entropia Pioneers
    Are you using WPF for this?

3. Wistrel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf
    Breezy

Wanderer
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Entropia Pioneers
    Wow this looks incredibly good? Is it just you who wrote it? The interface itself must have been a lot of work let alone getting alll that data in there (just looking at screenshots) I never knew this tool existed. Does it keep things in a central database online? or upload/download to any existing data repositories eg the wiki here or entropia tracker?

4. endy
    • Cyrene Pioneer

endy New Member

Oceanic is a Flash based tool, it's been around for 2-3 years, I made the second version of it.
    Yes, it took a lot of time and effort to make it, the market price for developing such tool, including Galaxy Guide and Importers would be around $30k (enjoy :) ).
    All data is kept in local XML files which you can edit and share.
    Oceanic default package includes Importer tool that can convert data from other sources.

Also, Galaxy Guide currently has templates for putting in information about various creatures, storyline and missions.

5. Wistrel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf
    Breezy

Wanderer
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Entropia Pioneers
    Interesting and yes it would have been costing a lot indeed. Programmers time is so expensive (or anyones really) I still struggle to understand how anyone afford can pay anyone a decent salary and still turn a profit without exploiting someone... then again high salaries confuse me also as do extremely rich people. I'm just Nieve I guess ;)