1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Cyrene Dynamic Upgrade Map Discussion

Discussion in 'Maps and Locations' started by Kris | Cyrene, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    O-hoy,

I'll break this down like the last post:

The latter, if the XP bar does not increase in percentage.

I think it could be reasonable to increase the decline rate to double what was planned (6 weeks instead of 3 weeks) if necessary, although I think that should make it more severe if an area slips into decline.

As it stands now, yes, if the area again gets enough activity to move up a percentage point then it would be move out of decline.

For the 1st update we won't have any sort of decline (there isn't anything to put into decline so to speak). So if there is any decline it wouldn't have any warning until the 2nd map update and we'll keep an eye on it from there.

Just as an FYI the progress isn't based off PED cycled (not that using PED cycled is a bad way to track it, just not the way we track it) we will track it by:
    Mobs killed
    Missions completed
    Resources mined
    Player activity

This is where we have a little leeway. If an area is going on with no progression for a very long time / other areas are really flourishing then we (as developers) have the power to sort of "push" that area into the next unlock OR we can figure out why the areas is doing so poorly and improve it. Either way, there are options that we can take.

A nice suggestion, I'll look into this. Thank you. :thumbup:

Yes, META Unlock Areas will not be reverted as they function differently.

No, it's my curse of over simplifying things: I was referring to Land Deeds (shops/apartments/land areas) and not anything like CLDs or AUDs (I wonder though, if we did have them, what the acronym would be).

I can't really reveal all the math behind it, but the short version is that the players that play on Cyrene are the curve that we will be 'grading" on and we'll be using that when calculating it out. I'll quote myself from above:

I hope that answered some more questions =)

Cheers,
    Kris

Nor Alien and jetsina like this.
  2. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Thanks for the very helpful answers! :)
    Ahhh, so an area has to be in lvl 1 or more to be able to decline. Ok, then it is HIGHLY unlikely that an area that manages to go up a level straight away would not even get 1/100th of the activity in the next period.

Yes, I realise that as mission counting is involved, the same players cannot repeat 1-time missions - and if the bar is set low for upgrading to level 1, then that element of calculating activity may fall away quickly. However, the Cyrene non-dailies are generally for quite a large number of mobs I think...

Oh, I guess there may also be some exponential curve in the activity requirements, but even so, an area that goes up a level quickly will not be remotely likely to face decline I would imagine.

Still, you have provided very nice answers above - and I guess the players can just play and see how things have moved along in just a few weeks' time when we see the first map update.
    But as you know, I like to look ahead at what I can forecast and try to prevent problems before they actually have a negative impact. In this case I think it is an interesting increase in information for players - I welcome that!

3. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to post an update.

I wanted to put out the newest update to the map this week but the reports were missing some vital information on them and I am waiting to see what data can and can't be recovered.

I hope to be able to update this map sometime next week.

Cheers,
    Kris

jetsina likes this.
  4. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Thanks Kris, it will be interesting to see what our work so far has panned out for us.

One thing, the pan jungle? there really are no teleports nearby or well, bases to do crafts and stuff in that 'zone' that could help boost it, unless I missed something. Maybe we can get something there? Something for all places that are upgradable really so that folks who may have an interest in one section can do 'stuff' there to help it.

sluggo

5. AxeMurderer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

AxeMurderer Active Member
    Coldturkey

Home Page:
    nice to hear. Hope next month bring dynamic map and hard launch

6. Let
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Let New Member

Is this coming anytime soon?

7. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey Let,

We've been behind here as some reports came that were lacking in the information that we needed, but I think they got just about all the data caught up so I plan to upgrade this map within this week.

Cheers,
    Kris

kjellings likes this.
  8. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey guys,

I just updated the Cyrene Dynamic Upgrade Map here: >>LINK<<

It ended up being 7 and 1/2 weeks between the initial posting of the map and the update due to the first few weeks of reports missing data and subsequently waiting for that data to be retrieved again.

You can expect another update in approximately 3 weeks from now (the first full week of January 2015 (between the 5th and the 9th).

For now we'll keep the discussion of the map centered here.

Some things that we noticed and why we thought they occurred:

Ice Plateau and Panton Jungle - both areas were lacking in unique spawns. Since the VU the unique spawns have been added to the Ice Plateau area and we've added another TP to Panton Jungle. We'll also be focusing any event spawns in Pantone Jungle.

Ngu Volcano - this area might be too focused on only high level mobs, or it might be the way that the spawns for the Vlanwing and Protocores were when the VU launched initially. Since the VU the spawns for the Vlanwing and Protocore have been adjusted to be more separated as well as making sure that the Ancients can be spawned there as well.

Great Plains and Turrelion Desert - these zones ended up having more progress than we anticipated. The creature diversity and popularity in these areas are both high, which probably caused the additional 20% +/- of progression above the other zones.

We'll be keeping an eye on the reports that come down and adjusting accordingly, I think that now that we have many more universal ores and enmatters it will balance everything out a bit more.

Cheers,
    Kris

Thanatos likes this.
  9. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

I'm really happy with Great plains reaching 66% already, can't wait for some new pets :)

Ngu vulcano: Have you considered this might be because it's a terrible place to mine? You are either climbing a hill or overcome with mobs. It looks nice, and you can get some pyrite there (close to 300% markup now), but i really can't be bothered to go there, even when i know there is noone on cyrene that will kill me out there.

Also since i have no idea about how much impact i can have on unlocking the next stages as a single player, I just do what i want to do, and don't look at the dynamic map at all. If i knew for example you need at least 100 avatars to do mission X or kill 500 of mob Y for an upgrade, i would make sure i would do that for specific unlocks i like.

Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  10. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    That's kind of like what I am doing. I really like the idea of both a mining buff and a panelion killpoint mission so am working on the panton jungle to help buff it. Not sure how much my tiny 50 ped here and there donations really do help but I am trying. IM glad you put a teleporter and 'station' in the heart of the Pan jungle, I mentioned this before that it's a difficult one to craft for credit there. This solved that issue.

Now lets get some of these buffs and meta's honkin here!! With luck the visitors coming for the jellyworm thingie will really buff the jungle and bring it up to par with the rest and maybe even push it over.

sluggo

Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  11. AxeMurderer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Coldturkey

Home Page:
    Thats a lot of progress :shoot:

Kris | Cyrene and kjellings like this.
  12. krasko
    • Cyrene Pioneer

krasko Well-Known Member
    Blah

Society:
    North Cyreans
    Great!
    My desert has nice progress :)

13. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    When are we going to see new updates to the map?
    Given the christmas event, although MA did their best to screw you over, I think it should have given you a nice boost to the planet, or at least the area the event was in?

Im interested in seeing the Jungle buff with the Panelion Killpoint mission, hopefully with the small ones in there as well.

sluggo

14. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey sluggo,

Right now I'm waiting for the reports from over the holidays, I estimated when the map would be upgraded:

Hopefully the map will be able to get an update this week.

Cheers,
    Kris

15. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Thank you Kris, REALLY hoping we hit an upgrade point on at least one or two places so we can see what is in store for us!

Are these upgrades just going to do stuff to our little 'square' or are they going to open up the old areas back to us as well, or is that something being saved for the hard launch?

Speaking of, any eta now on the hard launch?

sluggo

16. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey sluggo,

I'll quote myself here from earlier in this thread:
    We're still hammering out the details with MindArk and making sure the correct systems are in place, when there is more info we'll let it be known.

Cheers,
    Kris

AxeMurderer likes this.
  17. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

"correct systems... in place" is, I think, referring mainly to mechanoids, by the way....
    In terms of other progress, I think we still need better crafting chains/use of materials to craft things that are actually viable, but at least the drop rates seem to be closer to viable for the bps we already have. Dunno if closer is close enough, but ok, progress is a bit of a turtle in this world ;)

18. David Grayvey Gray
    • Cyrene Pioneer

David Grayvey Gray Member

Is it me or does the great plain teleport not sit in the great plains unlock area?

19. AxeMurderer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Coldturkey

Home Page:
    Lets hope for hard launch Q1 2015. Hammer it faster.

20. kjellings
    • Cyrene Pioneer

kjellings Active Member
    Sunshine

Society:
    Cyreans ELITE
    lend them an axe m8 ;)