1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Cyrene Citizen of the Month - July 2013 (no I)

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene News' started by Lykke TheNun, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Each month we are trying to nominate a 'Cyrene Citizen of the Month', to show our appreciation to those who are doing something extra on Cyrene. This month - July - we will nominate two players - one now and one in the middle of the month =)

The first title and prize for the Cyrene Citizen of the Month, July 2013 goes to:
    "MrX is very active in the community especially around ARC HQ. He is also one of the few crazy people to try crafting and might have some good comments on that aspect of the planet. And he is an all round nice guy..."
    I meet MrX at the Base Camp Oak, were he is handed the prize, a DragonFly Helicopter (L):​
    DragonFly.jpg

MrX is punctual like a clock and very thrilled about the prize. "It's the best one out there," he says - and I could not agree more. MrX loves how the DragonFly is so easy to place almost everywhere, because its placing point is smaller than other vehicles!

"I do need more practice flying this thing," he adds when jumping into the helicopter, but from the speed from he starts till he was gone and away made me believe he practised quite a bit already!

MrX5.jpg
    "Hey ... where are you going?"

Perhaps it is the extra chocolate muffin I had for my coffee, but it certainly feels like MrX wants me to run off some kilos!

MrX6.jpg
    "How can we do the interview if you're flying that fast?"​

MrX8.jpg
    "Oh my - it's cold down here and my armor gets rusty ..."

MrX10.jpg
    "When I said you where on top of things, this is not what I had in mind!"
    MrX11.jpg
    "Great landing - and for once, no crashes :D"

Back safe at the TP I ask MrX about his game play.

"My full name is Calivas MrX Lucky, but please call me MrX," he smiles and continues "I have been playing EU since 2005 with a few breaks now and then - but Cyrene has been my home planet since it opened op."

MrX1.jpg
    "Now I know where I have you :)"

"What are your most enjoyable moments on Cyrene," I ask.

"Getting swirls," MrX grins but changes into a more serious look and continues "... just kidding - I mostly enjoy the social gatherings in any form; role-playing, hunting, helping other players, sweating etc."

MrX tells me, that he actually created a shrine for the Gods on Cyrene together with a few other players - and only a maximum of 10 people in game knows about it. This made me curious - being the old role-playing Nun of Lootius and all - so MrX invited me to actually have a look at the shrine which is placed on a very very secret location on Cyrene!

MrX2.jpg
    "Wow this brings back great memories about Lootius!"
    MrX3.jpg
    "Sacrificial gifts for the Gods of Cyrene"
    "We usually go here before a hunt or crafting session, pray a little for good loot and place an offering, " MrX explains me. "A few times I had items stolen from here, and my biggest dream is, that there will be a place on Cyrene where we can place offerings to the Gods" ... and Lootius, I add with a smile, and MrX smiles back at me and continues "...just a place where other people can't pick it up again - that would be great!". I promise MrX to pass on the message. I can for sure see what he means, since I know the same talk has been discussed years back, about having a place to praise Lootius!

We talk again about Cyrene, and MrX tells me, that he loves the native player population on Cyrene. "It's the main reason I stayed and made this my home planet," he smiles. "The players are very social, friendlier than on other planets and always willing to help others."

MrX clearly loves Cyrene and I ask him if there's anything he likes to see changed - and he replies: "The things that needs to be changed/fixed in my opinion are crafting materials requirements and lag issues. Both deter players from staying on Cyrene for long. I am sure it makes sense "on paper" but in reality with a small player-base, there are not enough of the rare materials gathered/traded on the planet by players, and those stack up on the rare drop crafting materials do not wish to sell because they hope it might be useful to them one day. It makes crafting (the "demand" in game) extremely difficult, which hurts the economy and the other professions."

"Also," and MrX continues, "I craft often and Limited blueprints are becoming a real "problem" in my storage. A Limited book that will fit ALL cyrene Limited blueprints is a must in my opinion."

That is great and valid points and I promise MrX to point the team to his requests - because every opinion from our experienced players is a huge help for Cyrene to develop into the right direction!

MrX12.jpg
    "MrX in front of the beautiful shrine for the Gods of Cyrene in a very secret location"

Thank you so much, MrX for a great fun day with you and for being a part of our awesome community and for helping making it even better :thumbup: We wish you the best in future, from the whole Planet Cyrene team!

:bye:

---------------------------------------------

How to become Cyrene Citizen of the Month

This title will be given to a dedicated player on Cyrene, who is doing something out of the usual to make the planet a nice place to be for newcomers, creating some great events for other players, providing the Cyrene Team with valuable information about the planet or/and suggestions of how to improve Cyrene etc.

It could be something completely different, of course, as long as it is a positive approach to improve other players experiences on Planet Cyrene.

The Cyrene Team will make the nomination for the Cyrene Citizen of the Month, but you are always welcome to write me if you have suggestions, with a name of the person and the reason for why you believe this person deserves to be nominated.

Thank you =)

Attached Files:

2. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Gratz Mrx, You earned it! keep up the good work!

Lykke TheNun likes this.
  3. Agis
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Agis Well-Known Member
    Inspired

gz and well done on the nomination

Master Chief likes this.
  4. Chris Spencer Schmidt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Chris Spencer Schmidt Active Member
    Hot

Planet Cyrene Community Member!
    Society:
    German Dragons
    He Gz MrX. Good nomination!

Master Chief likes this.
  5. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:
    Congratulations :thumbup:

Enjoy the Dragonfly ... I love flying over Janus City and the Falls with mine. :D

Master Chief likes this.
  6. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    Gratz :)

7. WangXiang
    • Cyrene Pioneer

WangXiang Active Member
    Relaxed

Society:
    Guardians of Evolution
    Conratulations :)

8. Vuk
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Vuk Member
    Curious

Society:
    Red Dwarf
    gz:)

9. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

congrats :D

10. MrX
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MrX New Member

Thank you all! ;)

11. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
  12. kjellings
    • Cyrene Pioneer

kjellings Active Member
    Sunshine

Society:
    Cyreans ELITE
  13. Neuromancer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Neuromancer Dave Neuromancer
    Fine

Education
    Society:
    Brainstormers
    Congratz.

I would recommend that if you are in line for a player of the month recognition to spend a few minutes getting used to flying a helicopter. Crashing with Lykke on board was embarrassing.

Lykke TheNun and Master Chief like this.
  14. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    I beg to differ, if Lykke remember my player of the month. Her driving the P.I.G.V. was really comical too :)

Lykke TheNun likes this.
  15. Zenzile
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Zenzile New Member
    Stressed

School
    Society:
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Big grats! Looks well deserved :)

16. Erastothenes
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Erastothenes New Member
    Confused

Village Idiot
    Society:
    Shaolin
    A good winner!

Coming back to Cyrene - a improved place since my last visit - I bumped into MrX by chance, and that was a lucky chance. If "Official Cyrene Advisors" are ever to be elected, my vote goes to MrX. Some small-talk, X got me fast into the scene, whats new and whats good. Polite and friendly, not shy to take time to help out someone noob to Cyrene.

May Lootius see MrX clearly!

Master Chief likes this.