1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Creature Weapon Drop Refinement

Discussion in 'Developer's Corner' started by harmony, Nov 21, 2013.

1. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

Hi,

i've been doing the ultimate n00b challenge for a while now, and i looted quite some weapons. Alll of which do 1-2 or maybe 2-4 damage, which is way too low to even put a dent into the mobs that drop them. The reward for killing 15.000 of these mobs is a Pilot Pistol rank 1, which will go straight to the tt because the weapon is totally useless because of the low damage.

It's a shame to see so many time spend on creating weapons, that everybody will throw into the trade terminal because there is no reasonable way to use them.

It seems that every mob drops a weapon that is designed to kill a lower level mob, so i come to cyrene with good weapons from ark/caly to do some hunting, use the lower level cyrene weapons to hunt easier mobs, get even lower level guns in loot which i use on the ultimate noob challenge, and the weapons i loot there i throw in the tt.

I feel mobs should drop weapons that can be used to kill the mobs you are hunting. And i also feel that the reward for the ultimate noob challenge is an insult to the players who did that mission.

Could you pleae consider dropping some higher damage weapons on the mobs, and on the noob challenge mobs in particular, and/or adding more mobs that we can actually hunt with the weapons that drop now.

Thanks!

Oops, sorry for saying crappy in the thread title :)

2. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hello Harmony,

I do think that this can be improved upon. However, I don't think it's that we have bad items, it's that the items are not dropping from the right mobs. We'll work on improving the loot lists for the VU/Mini Patch.

The reward could have been better, but changing it now would be unfair. We've been working towards better mission rewards since. Yes, we'll be working on better mob weapon drops for the upcoming VU, but I don't think any creature changes will happen this coming VU (any bugs aside of course).

With your permission, I can alter the title.

Cheers,
    Kris

3. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Busy

I really don't think people will mind. As long as you don't give anything unlimited instead. I for one don't mind if you wait till after i finished this mission. The reward isn't fit for the mission, so changing it will be better for all future players of cyrene.

I think current players are way more annoyed with changes to the amount of imperium cubes used in the epic 1 mission chain, or the huge increase in merfolken in that chain. Not about some silly 3 damage limited gun.

Besides how many people were insane enough to finish the 15k noob mobs mission? 25? you can almost personally ask them if they would mind if the reward gets better for new players :)

(yes please on the changing title part).

4. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

i really wouldnt mind a change in it i guess be a bit jealous but wold be better in the long run for everyone.

5. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey harmony,

I've retitled this thread: Creature Weapon Drop Refinement (I think that was part of the consensus right?)

Let me touch on some of the other points:

I think perhaps that re-introducing this mission at a later time would be the best course of action. That way new players can do this mission for a new reward, and player who have already done this mission can do the new mission as well and it's fair to everyone. Then we can phase out the old mission entirely.

I'd like to point out that due the the change in the Imperium Key Cubes change (costing 1/10th less) that the change to the Stage One Epic Mission was done to keep the balance that many players have already paid.

At any rate, these are all very good suggestions and I think there will be many weapon drop improvements happening for the next VU/Mini Patch, thanks to player feedback.

Cheers,
    Kris

6. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Busy

I don't mind, it sped up my mission with at least 2 months since i didn't have a huge stack of tokens :)

About the phasing out part: it might be a bit tricky with the follow-up mission from the ultimate noob challenge (which is the only reason i am doing the noob challenge), but if you can work it out: good idea.