1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Changes ahead for TKoC!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Xander Zan Catman, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Xander Zan Catman
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Xander Zan Catman New Member

Society:
    The Knights of Entropia (TKoE)
    Imagine for a minute, that it's 2006 and you are playing Entropia Universe. Imagine how different things were back then. A single planet, Calypso, made up our entire known universe.

Flash forward to 2013, we have 5 planets in our growing universe. Rocktropia, Next Island, Arkadia, Cyrene and of course, our beloved Calypso. A lot has changed in the past 7 years and a lot more change is going to come. Our Universe has evolved.

The Knights of Calypso were founded back in the early days when there was only one planet to explore. We were founded by a great knight, Thad Thaddeuss Scotsman. He gave freely of his time and experience and built a society of like-minded, honest Entropians to help those just starting out in our world.

Like our universe, our society is beginning an evolution of it's own. We recently held a vote to see how the membership felt about changing our name. Long story made short, the vote passed and we have initiated the name change process and in another 4 days this should be completed.

The Knights of Entropia, TKoE for short, will be the same great society it has always been. We will be there to help new players find their way not only on Calypso, but on every planet we travel too!

Going forward we will be looking to continue our growth and evolution to keep pace with the changes being made across EU. We will be kicking off a fresh recruitment drive once the name change has been completed. Over the coming weeks, our Colonels have been asked to go over our current rules and policies and re-evaluate what parts to keep and maybe what parts need to be changed.

We have always been known for helping the new player and it will always be an integral part of what we do. In the future, I hope to see more effort being placed on attracting and retaining more developed players.

I am also hopeful that we are able to find a way to adjust our strict policies on PVP, PK and Pirating. These activities are an acceptable part of EU. As such, I'm hoping we can find a way to make it acceptable within our growing society. These changes will take some time to consider and will not happen overnight.

I would like to thank all the Colonels of our soc - The Colonels are the governing body (formerly known as the counsil) Hamish BadWolf Carstairs, Angus Mac MacAlisdair, Malgomaj Malgo Spiff, Drake Quattros Tarmo, Art Ludgren, Arageo Smurf Turrak, Shell zealousquiche Bell, Ivan IronFist Draguv.

When you see a Knight, you're looking at a friend. Good Luck out there and don't forget to say hi!

Xander Zan Catman
    General, The Knights of Entropia

2. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Nice to see a soc evolving with the Universe. I remember we had some thoughts too in Church of Lootius. Some wish to stay on Calypso, while other members wanted to explore and live on other planets. Unfortunately - at the end - our soc didn't 'survive' the changes - but great people from it was spread around to different places in the Universe and most of them with good memories about the old days and the soc - to share to others and to use what they were taught in new societies with new friends!

Good luck with it all ^^

Xander Zan Catman likes this.
  3. Xander Zan Catman
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Society:
    Thanks a bunch Lykke! We last talked about changing our name just about a year ago and at that time the Colonels voted down the idea. Its a new year and we feel now is the time to make the change if we were going to make one at all. Our membership was asked to vote on it, not just the Colonels, and the membership spoke!

A group of knights will be leaving from Calypso in the early part of February and will be going to each planet to get our new name "out there" and will be having random give aways for new players we come across during our journey.

I admit I have only been to Cyrene twice since its launch and I'm looking forward to spending some time there soon!

Take care

XZC

4. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:
    Excellent write-up on the society evolution Xander, I know it's going to be a great thing. :thumbup:

Thank you also for giving me the heads-up last Friday so that I could announce it on MSR at the revival of my MidNite Moods radio show on Calypso at the usual Corinth Pier we all meet at. Seeing you again was super great, and I appreciate that you were there - hoverboard and all. :p

Will be checking in with you to see how it's going, and if there's anything else I can do for you just let me know. I think the foundation and philosophy of your society is admirable. And when I see you, I know I'm looking at a friend. A long-time friend who has always been a joy to know.

I wish you the best with everything! See you around the universe! :)

Xander Zan Catman likes this.
  5. Xander Zan Catman
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Society:
    Why thank you my dear! It was great seeing you on friday night - I have to admit, when I started spamming your 'announcement' and url into our soc chat, quite a few people were surprised to hear you were in game! Pleasantly suprised I think as a few Knights ventured out to take part in the festivities!

Thanks again for mentioning our news on the air - certainly appreciate it! Aytime we have something to start spreading to the community as a whole, you can bet I'll be in touch! :)

Thanks again, you rock!

XZC

PS: Is it just me or is it Mushy-Fest2013 in here? My feet are damp from the gushy good vibes! LOL

MindStar 9 likes this.