1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Wish List Allow Anyone To Use Lazidol Lures

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by Jambon, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Jambon
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Jambon New Member
    Inspired

Society:
    Shaolin
    Been working on the Zorra mission forever now. After getting to the stage that requires a greater crystal I got a bit discouraged back when the drop rates were broken. Happened to see someone selling some lures though and figured maybe this was a way to at least continue the progress.... but nope. Turns out that lures can only be used by those who can already acquire lures via the mission.

Unfortunately, this is not mentioned anywhere so I'm out the money spent buying them for the time being and they sit in storage collecting dust.

It begs the question - what's the point of even having them tradable when only the very VERY small number of people who have unlocked that stage via acquiring a greater crystal can even use them? Why would they even need to buy them when they can get them for free daily?

In fact, it leaves the door open to people being cheated because it literally says no where that the lures can only be used by those who can already acquire lures via the mission.

So I'd like to see either:

A) Allow anyone to use them provided they have the fishing spear. Regardless of mission chain progress.
    B) At least clearly state in the item description that a person must complete X mission and have the fishing spear before the lure can be used.

Thanks

NevadaJake likes this.
  2. Tempest
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Tempest Member

Society:
    VARYAG
    I believe that technically there is a workaround.

I will yield to more experienced members if incorrect, but it is my understanding that you are not required to create the crystal to use lures. Theoretically one could borrow a greater crystal to make a lure, thus flagging that person to use lures from that point forward.

I don't think I need to go into the issues with lending / borrowing items worth many thousands of peds, but there are mechanisms such as collateral that can make it possible.

3. Jambon
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Jambon New Member
    Inspired

Society:
    Shaolin
    Yeah I thought that too but that's just excessive. Trying to find someone to hand over one of those that people are valuing at 20K... I mean it's doable but a dev solution would be preferred lol

4. Shawna | Cyrene
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Community Manager

Shawna | Cyrene Cyrene Official Planet Developer
    Sunshine

Lead Game Design, Community Manager
    We can change the text to make it more clear. :bye:

Jambon likes this.
  5. Jambon
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Jambon New Member
    Inspired

Society:
    Shaolin
    Great, thanks! Not the perfect solution but at least it should help prevent others from wasting peds buying things they can't use lol