1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

ALERT!! Someone Fishy in the Hub

Discussion in 'Community' started by Temp007, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Temp007
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Temp007 New Member

Watch out for an ava named <removed name>. He approaches players trying to gather personal information from them and what he is really after is the phone number. I don't know what comes after the phone number, because I couldn't keep playing along at that point, as I didn't want to give him my real phone number (yes, he actually calls and verifies). He says that he has another ava called <removed name>, so if you get approached by that one too, be cautious and I would advise against giving your phone number to him or anyone you have known for 5min or less (in RL or elsewhere).

Have fun and stay safe!

2. bubba
    • Cyrene Pioneer

bubba Boss
    Bored

Designer
    Society:
    The Nomads
    ...well 2nd ava mentioned is well known ubah even outside the realms of Entropia Universe...doubt very highly that he would have anything to do with some sort of scam...:confused:

3. Svarog
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Svarog A pixel guy
    Psychedelic

I really doubt that <removed name>feels so lonely to ask for numbers at Hub ;)

Anyway, who really would be silly enough to disclose their RL numbers in game, even if offered a night of love with the whole MA team at their castle at Dresden :beerchug:

Nor Alien, Manny and SoftHart like this.
  4. OZtwo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

OZtwo Active Member
    Buzzed

Society:
    Vikings Of Entropia
    I'm guessing just a newbie pissed off going to the hub that he needed to create an account and make this fast post here to try to get the other person banned? :)

5. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

Or someone genuinly trying to help out, which he will never do again after seeing this reply?

6. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Allright - done with all the accusations!

@Temp007 - Thanks for warning people. I'm sure you did it with the best intentions. But the best thing to do in such situation is to take screenshots and mail them to MindArk support. They can see all chat logs and can deal with the matter, in case there's something 'fishy' going on.

@the others - no need to harass a new person for trying to help.

I took the liberty to remove the person's names from the first post - without any fair proofs, this can hurt a persons reputation more than it can help.

Until then - thread is locked.
    Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.