1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Monria's Cyrene Field Trip | Requested Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DME | Virtualsense, Jan 15, 2018.

1. DME | Virtualsense
    • Cyrene Pioneer

DME | Virtualsense Having Major Fun

VS Team Community & Media Operations
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Virtualsense Team
    Hello Cyrene ... as many of you know, Monria hosted a field trip to Cyrene the weekend of Jan 12th with some of our Monrian Borns, as well as several of our Monria Volunteer Support Team (MVST) members and others who wanted to join this adventure. We take our Monrian Borns on field trips to other planets to introduce them to beginner missions, but also to expand their experiences across the universe.

Let me first give a huge thank you to how welcoming the Cyrene community was, and how consistently helpful as well. Many of you either jumped in to answer questions and direct us to the appropriate places to achieve our goals, while others PM'd me with even more useful information and links that would benefit our efforts.

I will also say, that as a Monria Official, I don't get to play that often because my schedule is always so busy, but I totally enjoyed myself on this field trip and completed many of the missions, along with joining group activities that were incredibly fun.

Kris asked us to give feedback from the field trip and I said I would start a thread at this forum in order to accommodate that. I have invited others to give their feedback as well, and to share their experiences.

Here is mine:
    • I was an official with the Cyrene Team before and after they originally launched
    • I had the privilege of doing some writing to help introduce some sneak peeks
    • so I know how the original planet was presented in all its brilliance
    • I had visited Cyrene after the change but didn't spend much time
    • I was on a semi-break and it's been quite a while since I've been back
    • Cyrene's evolution has progressed very nicely, and I truly enjoyed exploring
    • I like the concept of the players having an effect on how the planet evolves
    • I like that there are so many missions to choose from, especially the dailies
    • I think the only struggle I had was finding the location of the mobs for the quests
    • however, I found myself referring to Craftmeister's spreadsheet quite frequently
    • --- as well as the Cyrene Secrets website for information
    • --- the availability of data is massive and quite helpful - great job on both
    • I really like the L18 Generation II SP1D3R mob ... they gave great loot :D
    • --- this creature is splendidly designed, but then the design team is awesome
    • I like the Paneleons too, but I think they have ADHD and are neurotic, lol
    • --- those guys are all over the place, and fast
    • --- I wonder how the melee hunters manage with that
    • The Hub experience that Hakura hosted was definitely an adventure
    • --- the Swamp Lurkers in the Pit brought back a lot of memories
    • --- where else can you have a semi-nekkid party with a group of people, lol
    • --- I can understand why everything is removed though
    • --- not sure how soon I will do that again, but Hakura is pretty persuasive
    • all in all, the experience was a positive and pleasant one
    I want to especially thank Kris for hosting an amazing 2 hour special event for the Field Trippers in the afternoon between 13:00 - 15:00 at the Ice Plateau Outskirts location. We advertised this special event and the location in our field trip thread at the Monria forum, but did not reveal what would happen. Kris and Lilmc like the element of surprise and as many of you know, the Monria Team's motto is "Expect the Unexpected." We also invited the Cyrene community to join us, as well as anyone else in the universe who had time to get there. There were a lot of people which made it quite the event.

Kris unleashed a spawn of shared loot mobs for those 2 hours like L262 (I think) Byg Byrds, L99 Tideclaws and many others, but the one that took us all by surprise was the new L602 Clyfford - The Mecha Arret. :eek:

L602-Clyfford-TheMechaArret.png

He spawned Clyfford a few times when there were enough people, and it was amazing. Kris did field heals to help, but many of us experienced a Clyfford smackdown quite often as you can suspect. I don't recall what loot was like, and don't recall a HoF either.

We had an amazing time on this field trip, and now that Monria has permanently added Cyrene to our travel schedule, I have a feeling that more people will be visiting and exploring what all you have to offer. In between our field trips to Cyrene, I will encourage our Monrian Borns to visit Cyrene to do the beginner missions. It will be easier for them because they are eligible for the free travel benefit.

Thank you again for your hospitality, we really appreciate it.

It was nice to catch up with you again Kris, and I wish you the best with future development. We will be back with future field trips for sure. :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. DME | Virtualsense
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Home Page:
    Society:
    Virtualsense Team
    I posted groups of captioned photos here if interested.

3. Kingu
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kingu New Member
    Devilish

Society:
    The Unit
    Here is my small 2 cents from the trip :)

Can only say i had a blast each time i was logged in and joined on most things...

The tt hunt i missed but was a fun run in the hub and then back to all the good and varied daily craft/mining and hunt missions..
    Best part ofc was the special 2hour spawn even if the did kick my behind quite a bit.. Bug birds was a great experience to join in on.. and the not so little my litte pony Clyfford was awesome.. Great loots and hunts and company. Sadly just the byg bird that gave swirlies but overall i just have to give a biiig GZ to Kris for doing this. :D :D

And i have to mention the new mecha spiders , they was just looking soo good and fun to hunt.
    Never boring and they grouped up on us bit lost :p

Ps. Even told DME to try steal them to Monria :D

4. Spawn
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spawn Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    The Ministry
    I was there for 5 mins.. and helped kill the arret and some big byrds.. Nice lootzorz!

5. Craftmeister
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Craftmeister Member
    Busy

Society:
    Freelance
    Awesome pics and captions DME, you definitely know how to tell a story well. :bowdown:

DME | Virtualsense likes this.
  6. DME | Virtualsense
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Home Page:
    Society:
    Virtualsense Team
    Thank you very much, and I hope so, I've been doing this kind of thing since 2005. :)