1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

make ecotron UL series avatar bound

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Me Really Never, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skubahta
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Skubahta Member
    Amused

Its unfair as we ALL worked towards the same thing. Nevertheless we will not get any reward because some camp the vendors 24/7 while others that are neither a kid with too much time on their hands or unemployed (or both) can not get any of the guns that are dropped ingame.

System is abused because the system is FLAUD!!!!! Hence the many Forum threads and people complaining about it.

In the meanwhile nothing changes, apart from your opinion thats seems to have dramatically changes since your last post about this issue. Maybe kissing Cyreans Soc. ass a bit too much? They manage quite well as a soc and individually. I seriously doubt they need or appreciatte your ass kissing. Or maybe your opinion changed because you now plan on doing exactly the same thing so for your new bias standards there is nothing wrong with the current system.

Now two questions for you. Working to get 600 EUR????? Who??? Dont put us all in the same bag please. If you are getting that kind of money working full time either change jobs or get better qualifications.

Another question is, where can I find your Cyrene Shop?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    bella likes this.
  2. John Galt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

John Galt Member
    Curious

Society:
    NBK Army
    Yes, infact we all worked towards the same thing. And what was that? ACCESS to the vendor.
    Don't know about you, but 2-3 days after setting foot in Cyrene I understood that 200 badges would NOT grant me an Ecotron, but only access to the vendor where I would possibly find it if I were luckier and/or more persistent than the rest.
    That is what you and me and everyone else signed for - access to the vendor. No more, no less.
    Just because many complain does not mean those many are right.

I was very vocal against botting to get the weapon, because I was mislead by Hatten's OP here on regards of cheating to get the weapon. I later understood there is no evidence of cheating or botting, so I stopped complaining.
    I understand the 200 badges do not grant me the UL Ecotron. They only grant me access to the vendor. I accept that fact and I still think it is worthy. The same rules apply to krasko, BB, GoodEvil or whoever else that got one.

I am too new to know who belongs to which Soc. That said, I am opposing Me Really Never's idea on this very thread and he is NBK like myself. We are all individuals here, and we all express own individual opinions.
    And yes, I plan on checking the vendor half a dozen times day. So should anyone else who wants to get an Ecotron.

I didn't say earn that in a month. I said that the ecotron costs about 5000 PED which is roughly 600 EUR/500 USD / 400 GBP. Lets say someone takes 16 hours to earn that much on his job. Lets also say checking the hub takes 5 minutes. There are 192 times 5 minutes in 16 hours. I trust I can get an Ecotron UL if I check the hub 192 times over a month, 6 times a day. That was the thought process I followed.

Off-topic - my shop is in the only place in Cyrene where payer shops are allowed today (a.f.a.i.k.) -> on the Forum

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  3. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Sigh! How about if the last two posters are both right AND wrong?
    As far as we know, the system is only being USED as permitted, but this is exactly what makes it important to consider the overall framework in the background.
    Some people may be able to have EU running next to whatever else they are doing for many many hours per day. It should not be an unspoken prerequisite for getting any reasonable chance at what you have applied for membership of (benefits from badge levels). This is the 'unfair' bit, that people only discover once they have got the badges. Ok, some people will be able to guess earlier that this is how it will be, namely access rights in theory, but the practise is up to a player's 'limitations'. It doesn't make it a good system, though. In fact, I'd say it was pretty bad, which is why many people would like it changed - to something which increases more people's practical chances and limits the chances of those with level 100 camping skills and desire to do so.

Fragment finds to spread the reward, random ingredient needed to add a 'race' element instead of pure camping - there are lots of options, I'm sure.
    What MA will agree to and implement - I dunno - but ideas there are a plenty!

San likes this.
  4. krasko
    • Cyrene Pioneer

krasko Well-Known Member
    Blah

Society:
    North Cyreans
    The more people get access to vendors will lead to more drama and offense.
    The less actions are taken by the PP will lead to even more drama and offense.
    This thing turned into a madness, as every time something new and good is released on Cyrene (Remember stolen armor drama?).

I want the 25b model as well, but F*** it I will wait until this is improved.

HaKuRa likes this.
  5. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    Yes. But not access to an empty vendor. That it would be like that was not anticipated of or communicated to anyone who began the mission. Instead a sense of entitlement was created and then disappointed, which just has to backfire. Not to blame anyone at this juncture, this is simply a description of how it turned out.

Since there is obviously much going on behind the scenes which we can't learn about, it is difficut to come up with a balanced proposal. I'd vote to retract the darn thing immediately, no more drops until the quagmire is resolved. The campers had their time and what is out is out, just stop it for the time being. It only serves to create hatred.

If I had it my way, I'd prefer the way the Tanhok epic mission rewards are given: Fixed reward for a fixed amount of work. But maybe this is not unanimous either.

6. John Galt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

John Galt Member
    Curious

Society:
    NBK Army
    That is simply not true. I can only speak for myself but I was aware of the rareness of the UL Ecotron at the vendor before I had 15 Badges, which is as good as before starting the badge grind.
    The rules have been the same since ever. People have always been free to decide if the combined effort of 200 badges, 100 PED shrap plus the shop load luck factor is worth the weapon. MANY have decided it is easier/faster/simpler/cheaper to just outright buy the gun for 5k PED. Others opt out and pick another UL weapon with similar stats for example:
    - A&P Series Hero Adjusted
    - A-3 Justifier Mk.III
    - Korss H400
    - EWE EP-21 Defender Improved Ancient
    - Herman RAW-202 Smuggler
    - Herman RAW-303

You don't loose out if you don't do badge missions. Ask all the non Cyrene residents in EU. You, me and everyone are free to decide if this challenge is right for us or not. Changing the rules halfway (now) would be unfair either for the new or the old people, depending on how the change. I believe there is no issue at all with this weapon or the challenge it is to get our hands on one of these.

Going forward, on new stuff I agree that is the fairest way. But that applies in some way to the Ecotron if you agree that the non luck factor is the same for everyone (200 badges + 100 PED) and the luck factor is... well... luck.
    Camping is a way to increase your luck. You increase the number of times you check the shop, its like buying extra lottery tickets to increase the times the winning numbers are checked against your bet. This has a cost too. IRL time. As a 39 year old employed adult with a family, I value that time factor. I fail to understand why people seem to disregard the cost of camping. While someone is camping, is not mining or hunting or crafting. Or at the cinema with his wife or on a playground with his kids or at work if you don't work at a PC. There is a very real cost to camping and I see nothing wrong with someone who camps getting 3 weapons while someone who earns a lot being able to deposit thousands of PED every week. It is all down to personal freedom of choice.
    Just don't change the rules halfway.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  7. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

What is it with people being right about something and then running off the rails just a few sentences later?
    People have not "always been free to decide"; before anybody got as far as 200 badges, nobody knew (expect devs potentially). Negative expectations come from experience, but it is not really helpful that pessimistic people are proved right most of the time. Then the state of affairs slowly leaked out and it is possible to know now but is not by any means guaranteed.

I've stated above why I dislike this. Although I prefer consistency and for things not to keep changing, bad stuff should be improved - if making a change actually does improve things...

8. John Galt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

John Galt Member
    Curious

Society:
    NBK Army
    guns16.JPG
    There are plenty similar or possibly better setups if someone is not happy with this weapon's challenge.
    For one, I think it is good as it is.

9. RiverRun
    • Cyrene Pioneer

RiverRun Member
    Lurking

that's very nice for you that you knew ahead of time but but those of us who have worked on this mission OVER TWO YEARS ! did not have the benefit.

I really cant take you seriously with anything you have to say about this gun. It's not even just this one I've only ever seen you mention the 200 badges what about not being able to get our guns at 500 how about NO ONE getting the gun at 1200 badges what about the people who have gathered way more then the 1200 in anticipation of a stage 4? we have been keeping faith with this planet to do right by us for this mission for years now

your investment in this mission is only a few weeks old at this point and is very focused on stage one and has a very limited time frame. You were not here when we were asking where any of the UL weapons were you were not here when the issues with the stolen armour came around and we accepted the compromise of get the armour by X date before it is gone.

take about 3 steps backwards john and try and imagine even slightly what it may have been like for those of us who have been working this for so long and how we may be feeling about this

HaKuRa and John Galt like this.
  10. John Galt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

John Galt Member
    Curious

Society:
    NBK Army
    I have to agree with your remarks.
    I will try to not post further about the issue until at least 2 weeks after I get 200 badges, to at least get some first hand experience on the frustration people talk about.

11. RiverRun
    • Cyrene Pioneer

RiverRun Member
    Lurking

how about waiting a year at least with no reward try two two more weeks please what a joke

12. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    I had my quota before you were around. Your "since ever" starts with your birth, you didn't experience what was before. A "shop load luck factor" was not anticipated at first. If it was there, it was not communicated. The very different resolution of the Stolen Imperium issue further added to the creation of false expectations. What transpired from communications was the impression of blame shifting between MA and PP, which i.m.o. is damaging to both. None of this was intended by anyone involved, I am sure, but, even in our still small circles, it's a bit of a PR disaster. My suggestion aims at avoiding further damage. I did not say or suggest that collecting badges is useless now.

RiverRun likes this.
  13. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    Hmm... well, y'all know who you are.
    Entropia 2017-05-02 18.49.07.jpg

14. Justine
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Justine Well-Known Member
    Sunshine

Problems for me with this situation is :

-Camping do not help Planet Cyrene to grow up. A camper do not play, that mean do not generate revenue for the planet.
    -Shrapnel do not help Cyrene Economy. If you place Imperium cube 1 to 5/Key cube like vendor 3 that will help the Planet. That will create a market for miners and crafters.
    -This way is not fair for player who wait many years the weapon release. We can't change this part now, but do not do the same error with vendor 3.
    -Actually Ecotrons are the best item on Cyrene (i mean best MU). I don't understand why players who do not play on the planet can win the best value item ? Why a depositor, who play and do mission Cyrene's mission can't win an item with the same value?

For example i saw someone speak about Tanhok epic mission chain reward :
    For this epic mission you have to cycle something like 60k ped for reach rank 10. After you have 2 more ranks for try to claim the final reward : Neff's stim pack (you have to cycle maybe around 10k more ped if you have luck probably more now with low drop rate) .

Well if i do math, players who play and spend money on the planet can win a 401ped value item because the fap is really bad and very few people can use it and players who do not play on the planet can win a 5 000 ped item. Where is the logic?

How Planet Cyrene can survive with this way ? Cyrene is futur NI ?

15. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

i've stated this before, the current system doesn't help Cyrene turnover once the badge target is hit. Shrapnel can be bought over on MS meaning Cyrene gives away a gun for nothing in return...

stated this last year, i was hoping the terminals would be scrapped and instances added with chance to loot the UL & L guns/armor in the chest... but nothing changed meaning the leaches can take from the players that turnover ped

16. Maiden
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Maiden Member
    Depressed

Grinding
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Drama
    200 badges that can be done by camping puny mobs .... :) -> non-depo/sweat gatherers can do it....
    Make badges come from finishing missions.... Each stage 1 badge.... then the spenders have advantage not the sweaters (prolly kids with lot of time). But we cannot be upset that someone camp the weapon. Vendor is working good. That weapon cost time not PED ! Like the coat..... farming the tokens cost TIME not PED! (erm... and some ped but too low to take into account). So you put the problem wrong: weapon is not based on badges is on time. So you need time to do it. Do I get more badges shooting 6k ped / day each day compared with a sweater that shoot 60 ped ? NO, I do not !. Ask for a new reward type where special badges with special items are gave upon completition missions. Put kill 100 rhino mature for a badge daily and there we go.... Spend more ... get reward. NO damn loosing time needed. That would be a proper reward for active players. Let sweaters have their fun with the noob camping badges and loosing time on vendor and everyone have chance (according with style play) and happy.
    As conclusion, my opinion is let this badges as they are, and add ones for MISSIONS DONE (stage 1- 1 badge, stage 5 - 5 badge and so on) and daily GRINDING but on BIG MOBS (100 rhinos for example - 1 new badge) and then make access to special vendor. Who finished all the missions (ALL !!!) + some daily have access to some unique vendor bla bla bla . OH and add some items IN LOOT that are needed to get that weapons/armours etc from vendor.... BUT make the items worth like 20k + ped . Will see a lot of activity then :) and ofc, only high grinders would have a chance no sweatgatherer but at least activity would be rewarded PROPER!

17. krasko
    • Cyrene Pioneer

krasko Well-Known Member
    Blah

Society:
    North Cyreans
    That must be posted on game launcher, to promote the camping profession to newcomers.

18. bella
    • Cyrene Pioneer

bella Active Member
    Lurking

New skill on cyrene CAMPING , get 500$-1000$ month without even playing, no wonder ppl left planet when nobady from Cyrene devo team is wiling to fix this sh... all they can say for last 8 month we are talking with mindark how to fix this, Just give more Unlimited Ecotron to same players that sure will make your planet more appealing

krasko and Justine like this.
  19. HaKuRa
    • Cyrene Pioneer

HaKuRa Member
    Thinking

Home Page:
    Society:
    Cyreans
    At least in meantime do that one avatar can loot only 1 of each ecotron, it will give more luck to all to get 1 even at this drop rate, but atm they're the same 2 people getting all cause they make this as RL work i guess. It's a real frustrating thing, u should do a fix ASAP at least to find a temporary solution.

krasko and San like this.
  20. Justine
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Justine Well-Known Member
    Sunshine

They don't like depositor, they prefer campers :D

I plan to sell all my stuff for shrapnel, then i can camp too and make tons of money without spend any ped on mobs :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.