1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

make ecotron UL series avatar bound

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Me Really Never, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me Really Never
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Me Really Never New Member

Society:
    NBK
    id like to ask the community and even more the cyrene devs if it is planned to make the ecotron series avatar bound.
    because right now there is this guy who already got 2 of those ecotron 15e and still camps the vendor for a third. this leaves little to no chance for someone else to get one, which ultimately hurts the planet.
    if u would make it avatar bound there wouldnt be such a problem as there is no real use in camping the vendor for more than 1 gun.
    or even better, limit it to 1 UL weapon / item per avatar so that everyone can only purchase 1 for himself and not more.

2. Me Really Never
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Society:
    NBK
    and now he got his third fucking ecotron just 20 seconds after i checked the broker.
    also that guy doesnt even play the game. he just steals away opportunities from others.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  3. Justine
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Justine Well-Known Member
    Sunshine

This planet is for non players.

Players who invest ped and time in epic mission won't get good items.
    Players who camp and won't spend ped in the planet will win the best markup item from cyrene.

There is something wrong...

4. Me Really Never
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Society:
    NBK
    he is even from a society that calls themselves "cyreans" whos goal it is to help newcomers. but they, or at least he, is doing the contrary.

5. Justine
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Justine Well-Known Member
    Sunshine

I'm from Cyreans too ;)

But you know how people like use all permission from system...
    If system is bad, people do bad things.

6. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

i agree with making it Bound and only able to receive one of via a mission reward, but as i suggested before, i'd like the terminals removed and replaced with instances that you can enter once a day and only if you have the required badges. The UL and L versions of the guns and armor are added as loot, meaning only the active, capable and luckier players can get them (these should not be bound tho)

Justine likes this.
  7. bella
    • Cyrene Pioneer

bella Active Member
    Lurking

This is becoming joke same player got 3 guns and selling them for alot of profit this need fix right now

8. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

I agree, but then again this has been said a dozen times before, come on Kris, wake up!

9. Hec
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Hec Active Member
    Fine

lol bound isn't the answer, it's the method of delivery that's the problem and this has been rehashed in the other thread with a large number of ideas that can resolve this. Mostly fix the loot wave issues cause some players just have the timing down to the second. As for bound well just stamping feet and demanding it be bound is a lazy solution and one that is completely at odds with the concept of RCE especially for a mediocre weapon.
    There's too much bound stuff as is.
    Shut down that damned NPC and look into a real solution.

Xen and Paul Jetman Masters like this.
  10. bella
    • Cyrene Pioneer

bella Active Member
    Lurking

Yee shut down NPC for now that best idea

11. Me Really Never
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Society:
    NBK
    i think avatar bound would be the easiest and fastest way to remove the problem. and i dont think it would be a problem as you basically get the gun for free so u dont have any peds blocked in the game, unlike the viceroy armor.

12. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

I am against an expansion of bound stuff in game, so I don't support this suggestion as a solution.

As for camping, it actually links in to the subject of alts, location, travel etc. for me. It may or may not make much sense for an otherwise active player to camp an NPC in a semi-afk state at times, but logging in as an alt is effectively a very quick tp from wherever the main avatar may be at any time right across all the planets.
    There is a saying: if you can't beat them, join them! Yes, I would like alts to be officially supported by MA, maybe each with food requirements even when offline, but that is a different topic.

What Kris could do would be to place the NPC at the most accessible point possible, or even get MA to put 'spawned rewards' into the auction system instead of appearing at NPCs at all. That way, more people could 'compete' more easily without an alt or tieing up their time non-actively. Yes, I know... Kris has to work with MA, but he has to do that anyway.

Alternatively, turn the tables on campers in some other way - make the price you need to pay more 'random' instead of simply shrapnel, for example, and put the NPC some distance away from storage. That way anyone who sees the item is at the NPC must first get 10 pecs of some obscure paint or extractor or something! It would become a race...

13. krasko
    • Cyrene Pioneer

krasko Well-Known Member
    Blah

Society:
    North Cyreans
    Well we can not force morals to any player.
    However a message will be sent to him.
    I agree is not cool to have 3 while others are waiting for years.

14. Me Really Never
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Society:
    NBK
    he is now trying to gather his 4th. maybe you should consider kicking him out of your soc as he is clearly going against your society goals / rules as mentioned on your soc page.
    sad to see someone destroying his repuatation for a few peds. but well i guess he doesnt care about it as he doesnt even play the game.

15. anonymous256
    • Cyrene Pioneer

anonymous256 New Member
    Thinking

ecotron alt camper.PNG alts dont have reputation.... all i can say is thank you cyrene devs for making unfair situations like always :)

16. Me Really Never
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Society:
    NBK
    he is camping with his main though...

17. John Galt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

John Galt Member
    Curious

Society:
    NBK Army
    That makes as much sense as if I said:
    There is this bastard cook in my country called Gordon Ramsay who owns 12 Ferraris! and I drive a Ford Focus!

The only question that I think matters is... Did the guy you mention get the Ecotrons legit or botting?
    If legit, enough said. You can check the vendor more regularly, or just camp it if you want. If it works, you should do it. I know I will.
    If he got them cheating, I trust C-team would have done something by now. There is no evidence of botting, it seems. Why start a new thread like this every week?

The system is what it is. We can complain or we can adapt our behaviour to match what the system rewards us to. If the system rewards initial long term effort (200 badges) + luck/time to camp, then once someone has the 200 badges there are two options. Cry on the forum or camp the NPC like successful buyers did. Only one of those options rewards you an Ecotron. Your call.
    We have to play with the cards we are dealt.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    L7Productions and Hec like this.
  18. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    The comparison doesn't quite apply. Ferrari will build and sell as many cars as there are customers showing up with money. The situation is more like in the former GDR where the government decides how many Trabants will be produced in the coming 5 years and that's it.

19. krasko
    • Cyrene Pioneer

krasko Well-Known Member
    Blah

Society:
    North Cyreans
    It is important to hate the player not the game, and blame anyone who was able to make some profit. :D

20. John Galt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

John Galt Member
    Curious

Society:
    NBK Army
    Can you point out what exactly do you consider unethical in a player spending his time focusing on achieving a goal that everyone who work as hard as he did to get as many badges as he did stand on an equal opportunity basis to accomplish too?
    Can you point out where the system was abused? I can only see where the system has been used in a way EVERYONE is free to.
    Is it wrong that probably he spent as much time camping as we spent working to get 500 / 400 GBP / 600 EUR (which is as much as 5000 PED) working on our job? I see nothing wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.