1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Groups?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Few Scars, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Few Scars
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Few Scars Member
    Curious

Hi Dev team

In some MMORPGs players have the option of joining a particular clan or group, like a nation. We already have societies in Entropia Universe but they tend to be small groups, but it would be cool to belong to a certain Cyrene faction or group.
    In EVE for example you begin affiliated with one the four great empires, Amarr, Caldari, Minmatar or Gallente.

Is there a possibility of having Empires in Cyrene,...it would make PvP interesting? :p

Cheers
    Bjorn

2. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Hey Bjorn :)

I like the idea a lot - but as you know Entropia is set up to create your own destiny and journey, not build up in clans or classes like a lot of other games.

But one of Planet Cyrene's forces is the rich story line created around the planet and also the great continued fiction story to be inspired from (made by MindStar) - so the possibilities to create a story or 'world' are many.

You will discover that armour, vehicles and weapons also invite you to create a society of your own being a part of a specific Cyrene faction/group from the story line.

Can I refer to Church of Lootius again? :D The society was created with the little we had at hand, and after that we found that small societies (not that small any more) was created based on the same theme. Somehow we knew when meeting each other that we had a common goal. And other societies was created to go against ours in an in-game fiction war - which turned out to be quite funny and run like events.

These are only my own perspectives of how things can be done using an example of how an in game role playing based on a theme was done with success.

I am not sure if Ed has been working on the idea and possibilities to create certain Cyrene Story line based groups, but as I started out, I like the idea a lot :)

3. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:
    Hey Bjorn ...

Kris mentions something about factions and choosing sides in his mini Q&A conducted by Lykke in the June issue of the EntropiaTimes magazine that speaks to us as players and choosing sides as we navigate through specific quest lines as follows:

Question

The quest and mission system on Planet Cyrene is obviously a great part of Planet Cyrene/player interaction with the system, and will have both consequences on the storyline but also on the players. Will the player’s consequences also affect other planets too? And will you give an example of a player’s consequences in game based on the path he/she takes?

Answer

To start: no, nothing that you do on Cyrene will have any effect on other planets. As for the consequences, there are many different sentient aliens on Cyrene, some of which have splintered into different factions or tribes. Not every faction gets along with other factions, and there will come a time when you will have to choose where your allegiance lies.

Who you choose to fight with and whom you choose to befriend will define your avatar in distinct ways. It will dictate what storyline you receive and whom you receive it from.

There are not many choices on Cyrene to be taken lightly. You can always change but the roads you have to take are long. Trying to convince a former enemy that you are now a friend is a tough thing to do in real life, and it is also difficult on Cyrene.

I hope this speaks a little to what your question was addressing, but as Lykke mentioned, there's nothing that I know of either at this time that is similar to what we have seen in other MMORPG's regarding clans or factions, other than what we will experience through the Cyrene quest line.

However, as Lykke also mentioned ... we have quite a bit planned with regard to both the official Cyrene storyline and the role-playing storylines that I'm involved with that continue to reveal more and more about Planet Cyrene.

Also, as I have mentioned in some of my posts at EP, players will have an opportunity to become a part of the (non-official) role-playing storylines that Ed, Kris and I work on together.

While the role-playing storylines are just in print at the forum right now, after Cyrene launches, there will be events and activities related to this type of engagement where players will be able to become actively involved. Some events and activities will also come with opportunities to win rewards, but will require achieving certain things in order to do so.

Part of my in-game responsibility will be to manage these events and activities, as well as making sure the Cyrene storyline progresses authentically.

Some of these events and activities Lykke and I will collaborate on, but for the most part, I will be developing them in partnership with Ed and Kris. The goal is to keep Cyrene citizens engaged, excited about Cyrene, and having fun. The citizens of Cyrene will play a very important role in how the planet develops, so it's important to stay tuned to this forum for all the latest information and announcements. :D

4. DCF
    • Cyrene Pioneer

DCF The Notorious Daisy ColdFinger

Public Relations
    Society:
    ROCK STARS
    I do hope this is like choosing your ava gender.....once you pick a side, that what you stay..... Ofcourse so long as none of the chosen paths run into a "dead end" further down the line which would make a later faction cross over more feasible i imagine :/

Edit : I guess this addresses one of my Q'a :

Should there then be forum sections devoted to the "factions" rather that societies or groups ? Oops maybe i should look before i assume there are none as yet first :D

5. Wistrel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf
    Breezy

Wanderer
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Entropia Pioneers
    I always wanted to opportunity to have soc alliances and shared chat. The "friend of" or whatever it was, the attitude toward society function was never used.